Strong links between schools and businesses are built through our Connecting Activities Component. Connecting Activities are those initiative that leverage our consortium infrastructure to support “college and career readiness” for all students.
The leverages recognize that students who are able to gain experience and exposure to the world-of-work while in high school are better prepared to persist in and complete postsecondary education and succeed in pursuing livable wage careers.
Connecting Activities include
- Career days
- Job shadows
- Employer classroom speakers
- Classroom support for equipment
- Workshops connecting business and education
- Advisory meetings to support business and education partnerships.
- Work readiness training by employers
- Post Secondary Connections. For example, Madison Area Technical College, Herzing University, University of Wisconsin
- Community organization partnerships. For example, Associated Builders & Contractors, Associated General Contractors, Workforce Development Board of South Central Wisconsin